1 pkg Oreos
5 cups marshmallows
4 tblsp butter
Melt marshmallows and butter together; add finely crushed Oreo cookies. Spread into buttered pan, let cool and cut into chunks.
Million Dollar Shortbread
for the shortbread layer:
10 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg yolk*
1-2/3 cups flour
for the caramel:
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup light corn syrup
2 tsp sea salt, plus more for sprinkling on top
4 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp heavy cream
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Line an 8×8″ pan with parchment paper, leaving some hanging over the sides to make removal easier.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, and salt with a pastry cutter or fork. Add the egg yolk and continue mixing.
- Add the flour and use your hands to combine the dough until coarse crumbs form. Transfer the dough into the prepared pan and press it down into one even layer.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 25 minutes, until slightly golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- For the caramel, combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, sugar, and heavy cream. Bring to a boil and stir for about 5-10 minutes until caramel reaches the “soft ball stage” at around 230 degrees.
- Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla and pour caramel over the shortbread.
Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Take high-quality dark chocolate chips and melt over a double boiler, then pour over the top. Sprinkle with sea salt.
*It’s cookie-making time. Save the egg white for making royal frosting.